Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nuts and Bolts

So the nut and bolts of it. I'm cooking up a system to use with my Hawaiian Noir game and more than likely my Empire game. So I figured I would start laying it out. Putting pen to paper as they say. Im going to start with the attributes. (Oh and as always, if not more so now. I welcome any kind of feedback) Its sort of old school, sorta not. It will be a unified system though. More on that later.

So the attributes,
Strength
Measure of a characters physical strength, and physical power
Dexterity
Represents the characters agility and manual dexterity
Constitution
Physical hardiness, how well a character deals with damage, disease, poison, and etc
Willpower
The measure of one mental strength and endurance. How well one deals with the adverse, weird, and madness
Perception
Represents a characters ability to perceive the world around them
Charisma
How well a character interacts with others

These attributes or stats are generated by rolling 3d6 for each of the attributes.
Depending on the number rolled it may generate an additional bonus, or penalty associated with that attribute. To be used in appropriate situations. (More on that later.)



3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
-3
-3
-2
-2
-1
-1
0
0
0
0
+1
+1
+2
+2
+3
+3
(The Table gets cut off but you get the idea)

Next time I will deal with skills and task resolution.

No comments: