Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mekton Z


Once again so many games so little time. I've known about Mekton Zeta for a long time now. But I've just never really had the opportunity to check it out. Oh, man. I wish I had looked at it sooner. It was like reminiscing with an old friend. It uses the interlock system. Which powers Cyber Punk 2020. Which is a game/system, I was heavily into after high school. It was my favorite. My buddy Dennis and I played it a bunch. Anyways so it was really instantly familiar. It even has life paths like the old CP202o. Which is fun. It definitely looks the way to go for a mecha game. I think this will work better for mecha/anime than other systems I have. I found this hidden gem browsing the used section at the local game store. Its in fantastic condition. Scooped it up for five bucks! Win! Now, if I can only find some time to play it.

3 comments:

ChattyDM said...

Mekton Z is Anime Mecha bashing fun at it's best! Robotech Style! I wished I played more! I have it somewhere in my Bankers boxes along My gurps books and Car Wars supplements.

Woot!

Rob Knotts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Knotts said...

I've been trying to work up the nerve to ask people to play Mekton Z using "Fuzion" (R. Talsorian & Hero Games) for the characters, but most people I know have never heard of either system. I'm also tempted to just give up on that and run mecha in GURPS 4ed, at least most people have heard of that. But mecha gimmicks are just so much more fun in Mekton...