Friday, August 17, 2007

Thundarr!

So Ive been thinking about it. I really want to run the Thundarr the Barbarian game. I'm going to use BESM 3. I think it will work really well for it. I want it to be a really gonzo game. I was watching an episode on you tube yesterday. Thundar and the gang were fighting against tiger people being lead by a guy trying to free a demon and gain magical powers for his efforts. In case you missed it. They fought tiger people. Tiger people with laser blaster flash light look'n deals. You know what that is? Friggin sweet that's what!
Another one took place in the ruins of San Fransicos china town. They fought a wizard that rode around on a Chinese stylized hover platform. With robot troopers, he even turned a building with his magic into a fire breathing dragon. That's not even the best part. He also hired another Barbarian to kill Thundarr. A barbarian with a mechanical claw hand!
The year: 1994. From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction! Man's civilization is cast in ruin! Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn... A strange new world rises from the old: a world of savagery, super science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous Sunsword against the forces of evil. He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!

3 comments:

Bungee said...

If you actually get these toys, I will play the rpg. Deal?

Uncle Sam said...

The toys are pretty boss. But I got enough stuff at the house. Besides I'm not one to really collect action figures now a days. Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Doc said...

I ran a Thundarr game once at Gen Con using the card-based (Saga) Marvel Super Hero Adventure Game. That wasn't the right system, but I do love the cartoon and I would totally dig playing it (again) as an RPG. I hope I run into you running this one day at a con.