Saturday, August 29, 2015

Twilight Now


So, was really bored at work today. Saturday, slow, and short day. Perfect recipe for "don't give a rats ass" drink coffee and cruise the intarwebs. So I was researching "Team Yankee" the board/war game. Based on Harold Coyles book "Team Yankee". Which is in turn based on Sir John Hacketts "The Third World War". I find all this fascinating, having grown up during the eighties. I actually remember the cold war. It was sometimes kinda scary. (I'm looking at you Able Archer 83). So anyways I was cooking dinner tonight and was thinking to myself. You know what would be cool? What to my knowledge hasn't been done yet? OSR'ing Twilight 2000. I think this would be seriously cool. Course the system itself would have to be heavy screwed with. Radiation, chemicals, disease. then the skills and paths, packages, all of that. I think if I do this, which I'm thinking I will. (Because you know I dont have enough projects on the back burner) I will start with Army career life paths. (Sorry Marine Corp, I love ya baby you will be next.) Keep it small at first just the basics as far as weapons, vehicles, and etc. Yeah this is gonna be really sweet.

No comments: