Monday, October 28, 2019

Rules, hows this crazy thing work?


    So hows this crazy thing work? AKA the rules. When I thought this up. I had a couple ideas of what I wanted. First I applied the KISS principle. Keep it simple stupid. Nothing to complex. I wanted it to be fast moving, and fall into the background. Keeping track of what your character is doing as opposed to what the rules let you, or power/meta/whatever gaming your way through stuff. Next I wanted a unified mechanic. I think this falls into the KISS principle as well. I wanted it to be fairly rules light as well. I think a unified mechanic helps with that as well.
   The basics of the whole thing is this. 2d6 plus bonuses from attributes, abilities, and modifiers positive and negative must equal or beat 7 to succeed. 6 or lower is a failure. So kinda "Travellerish". But not.
   The one exception to this is opposed actions/melee combat. Which are opposing rolls. Highest roll wins. Ties go to defender.
   The one thing I haven't figured out yet is a decent name for the system. If you have any ideas feel free to comment below.

No comments: