Friday, August 28, 2015

A Dark Future


So I've had an idea about a cyberpunk/dystopian/dark future setting. Probably sparked a bit by my discussions with a kid at work about Akira. I told him to watch the anime, and then lent him my TPB of the manga. Anyways, so I've had some ideas rolling around in my head and so like a I do will the majority of my settings I slapped down an idea list.

Blade Runner
Akira
Detroit
Flint
Favela's
Shibuya
District 9
Elysium
Vangelis
Ministry (Particularly the albums "The mind is a terrible thing to taste", "Psalm 69")
NWA
WuTang
Psychic
Drugs
Crime
War Aftermath
Poverty
Bread and Circuses
Mexico City
Gritty
Dark
Dirty
High Fuel Prices
Bad Economy
Veterans
Joblessness
Menial Work
Low wages
Sport Bikes
Scooters
Street Fighter Bikes
Pollution
Drones
PMC's
Freelance Merc
3D Printing
Allergies
Chronic Ailments
Chemicals
Clean Corp Area
Arcology
Private Security
Nihilistic
Tower Block Apartments
Punk

This is a bigger list than what I usually put down. But it just kept on flowing.
I see a mash up of modern day Detroit, Flint, Mexico City, and Brazilian Favela's glued together with the Blade Runner Los Angeles, and Akira Neo-Tokyo. Rampant crime, gangs, and drugs. A filthy dark existence. Remnants of a catastrophic war, linger in places, minds, and people.

No comments: