Friday, October 26, 2007

Mack Bolan The Executioner

Well folks meet the character/book that inspired the Punisher. Well no one really says that. But lets look at a couple things. Vietnam vet? Check. Family killed by mobsters? Check. Becomes vigilante bad ass, scourge of the mafia? Check. Any one picking up a pattern here? Their are people that say its the other way around. They are wrong. Dead Wrong. (Ha, Ha! Cheesy I know but roll with me.) The first Executioner (Mack Bolan) book "War against the mafia" was released in 1969. The first appearance of the Punisher was in 1974 (if I remember correctly). Now don't get me wrong I am a huge Punisher fan. But I recently rediscovered Mack Bolan. I remember checking Executioner books out of the public libary. A buddy of mines brother turned me on to them. The Executioner Mack Bolan is the largest series of book printed in english. Theres 349 books printed as of right now. That doesn't include the Able Team, Phoenix Force, and Stony Man books he appears in.
Mack Bolan is pure bad ass. His regular load out is a Beretta 93R, and "Big Thunder" his .44 Automag. Just like the Punisher he kicks seven shades of mobster/terrorist/foreign agent/bad guy ass. If this sort of thing appeals to you. I highly suggest you check them out.

(I posted the entirety of a pamphlet that Walden Books put out to celebrate the 100 book in the series. You may have to click on the pics, possibly even save them to you computer so that you can zoom in to read it better. Its a fun little short story. Give it a read. Especially if the Executioner sounds interesting to you.)














1 comment:

Linda Pendleton said...

Hi
Enjoyed reading your blog about Don Pendleton's Executioner series. I don't know if you are familiar with my website, the official Don Pendleton website, www.donpendleton.com but if not, please visit.

My best, Linda Pendleton